Search This Blog

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Have You Ever Had Coffee in Space?

Have you ever had coffee in space ? No? I have! Okay... Well... Maybe not in space, but I have had Rocket Coffee! What is Rocket Coffee you ask? Well, let me go back a bit and I'll tell you all about it.

One day I was driving home from work and a bright orange van on the side of the road caught my eye. Lettered across the top was "Rocket Coffee." Now, if you're an avid reader of my blog, then you know how much I love coffee. I went down the road and turned around and stopped next to this van.





The  first thing I saw when I got out of my car was a big dog laying beside the van. I soon learned his name is Earnie and he goes to work everyday!

Say hi to Earnie! 


I began to look at the menu (which is quite large in my opinion) and the owner, Robby, began talking to me.



He asked what type of coffee I normally get. I told him I normally drink espresso shots. Well, he asked if I like lattes. Of course I do! Robby said he was going to make me the best latte of my life.



The latte was made from his cold brew concentrate. Now, I love coffee but I'm not a huge cold brew fan. It's usually too bitter for my liking. But Robby quickly changed my mind. This cold brew latte was so smooth and delicious. Seriously. It wasn't bitter at all!


Robby preparing my latte


As I talked to Robby, I began to learn more about him and his coffee truck experience.

He and his wife owned a shop on the mainland for 6 years. They took a vacation to Hawaii for a month and fell in love with it. Hawaii had always been their retirement plan, so they decided to just move to Hawaii and do what they were doing on the mainland.

He loves that his coffee truck puts him out of his comfort zone and engages him with other people. His goal is to offer not only a great cup of coffee, but an experience that people love. And believe me, he does just that.

Rocket Coffee offers a variety of menu options. You can have it as a cold brew or a cold brew latte. He uses only quality ingredients in the making of his cold brew concentrate. There is also the option of whole milk, almond milk and soy milk for your drinks.

Robby believes that the future of coffee is not coffee shops. But instead, someone being able to make great quality coffee that you can take home and make yourself. That's why he sells his concentrates also! So that you are able to put the exact amount of cold brew and water/milk ratio that you choose.

 If you're interested in having not only a great cup of coffee but also great conversation, then you should totally check out Rocket Coffee. To see where they are located for the day, simply go to their instagram page @rocketcoffeemobile. I promise you won't regret it!


Robby and his Rocket Coffee Van


And when you do try it, or if you have already, drop a comment below and let me know what you think!





4 comments:

  1. I hope I get to try this coffee, when we go to Hawaii. It sounds out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Espresso drinking is a consistent practice in relatively every culture. Individuals adore different tastes of espresso from exceptionally solid to light espresso. french press coffee to water ratio

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would recommend my profile is important to me, I invite you to discuss this topic.
    best grind and brew coffee maker 2018

    ReplyDelete