Search This Blog

Monday, October 22, 2018

A Unique and Fun Experience on Oahu

This weekend I had an amazing opportunity to do something I've never done before. I'm always looking for new and unique coffee shops to try. Well, this weekend I got to go to Oahu's new and only Cat Cafe. It was so much fun!

So anyone who knows me knows I'm allergic to cats. But I wasn't about to let that stop me from having this incredible experience. So I put on my battle armor (a hoodie, long pants and closed toe shoes), took allergy medicine and walked into the cafe.



The Cat Cafe partners with the SPCA. All the cats are available for adoption. In the two weeks and three weekends that they have been open, they've been able to adopt out, I believe, 17 cats. That's amazing!

The cafe itself is cute. Their menu board is shaped like a cat head.


They have various coffees and pastries you can order. I ordered my coffee and paid for my half hour to spend with the cats.





Before going into the cat area, you have to sign a waiver saying that they aren't responsible if you get hurt or if you have an allergy. But trust me, none of these adorable cats were mean in the slightest. I sat at a table and played with a couple of kittens. I mostly spent the time watching them play.

This cat was sleeping. How cute is she?

These are the kittens I played with!

Overall, I had an absolutely amazing time at the Cat Cafe. I would highly recommend visiting.

This is me in my "battle armor."
Hawai'i Cat Cafe
415 Kapahulu Ave
Honolulu Hi 96815

What's the most unique cafe you've been to?



2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! And trying to find homes for the sweet cats! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a great experience and for a great cause.

    ReplyDelete